Friday, September 21, 2012

AF Canyon Hike

The truth is, most of the time Clint and my conversations sound a lot like the Beatles vultures on The Jungle Book...
"So...what we gonna do?"
"I don't know what you want to do?"
"Let's not start that again!"

But every once in a while Husband wakes up and knows exactly what he wants to do and I just come along for the adventure. Last weekend I woke, rolled over, and Clint said, "Let's go on a long hike!"
Taking a hike was not exactly, "Let's go to Europe" or "Let's go on a cruise" but a hike was exactly what we needed (although Europe sounds good too). 

I jumped out of bed (a bit of an exaggeration) and threw on my workout stretchy pants. 30 minutes later we were on the road on our way up the canyon. 

It was a wonderful hike. Some leaves were changing, some were clinging to the last bits of summer. We were delighted to find a waterfall about 2.5 miles into the hike as it had been such a super dry winter. 

Now I was not abouts to hall my SLR on a 6 mile hike, so our collection of iPhone pics will have to do. 


Going through these pics just right cracks me up! Clint and that bandana. One of my favorite things about Clint-like one his greatest qualities-is that he is totally a closet nerd. On the surface he seems like a super cool dude, who catches silly things and makes witty remarks. But every now and then he does something that is so nerdy, and he is totally oblivious...or just so confident that he doesn't care how nerdy it may be. Like he totally wears those goofy toe shoes to work. He's the best.

1 comment:

  1. Its the Adams men,like genetically they have a closet nerd gene. Dave just bought a pair of BRIGHT pink golf shorts "because they were on sale" Pshhha, he wanted them... Gotta love these guys!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!