Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fabric Pumpkins DIY

This delightful fall fabric pumpkin craft originally came from Martha Stewart (or her people) but the tutorial I used was from A Blog by Danielle Thompson. It was an absolutely wonderful tutorial, and she has a good sense of humor too. So here we go...

The weekend of last was a special time for us MOs (a.k.a. Mormons). Twice a year we MOs hear from Church leaders at what is called General Conference (if you are so curious as to know what General Conference is you can check it out here). Anywho...conference weekends are kind of like a crafting Mecca for me. And I couldn't pass up the fabric pumpkins, I just couldn't.
And as it turns out, this craft is really friggen easy! What was hard was doing a photoshoot holding a bunch of stuffed pumpkins. I was like, What face says, "This was a fun craft and I like fall". Here's what I came up with:

Awkward side glance
I am REALLY REALLY happy about these pumpkins!
Affectionate glance at pumpkins
Lets go ahead and cut out my face.
In retrospect, I probably should have just nixed the self-portraits with pumpkins photos. I mean how do you hold them in a flattering pose? Plus, the pumpkins were really adorable enough to stand (or sit) on their own.


Happy pumpkin crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!